To all our #Weed Haters
Yesterday brought some great tides in the marijuana legalization movement, including full legalization for up to an ounce of weed in Colorado for people ages 21 and over.
It also brought back the haters. You remember those haters:
- The ones that thought Marijuana legalization in the U.S. was an immature pipe-dream.
- The ones that swore weed was this evil, malicious drug with no benefits for humanity.
- The ones that also swore the country was in total agreement with them, and therefore their ill-informed position was right.
- The same ones that want to remind you that weed is still illegal on the Federal level, while ignoring historic allusions to a nation-wide roll back of marijuana prohibition.
- The ones that, because they weren’t on the right side of history in the first place, now want to just shit on Marijuana’s future for the sake of feeling better.
And for my socially aware followers, some of your haters traits may have also included:
- Totally getting the Black struggle, but struggling to get how weed legalization progresses the Black community.
- Understanding mass incarceration, but not seeing why rolling back the policies that send many of those people into mass incarceration is good.
- Still thinking Potheads don’t get shit done, while entirely being out-paced in their field by a pothead.
Don’t worry. Everyone needs a hater to let them know they’re doing the right thing.